JOB DESCRIPTION: PROGRAM ANALYST
Posted On: 09/12/2016
Position: Program Analyst
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Location: Washington, D.C. (Pentagon)
U.S. Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
Clearance Req’d: Active Secret Clearance
Position Summary: Valiant Harbor International is seeking a Program Analyst that will support the OPNAV N9 Warfare Systems Division. This position requires a background in program management, acquisition strategy planning and implementation, and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) functions. The ideal candidate will be an accomplished analyst, former Navy Staff Officer, Government Civilian or experienced contractor with a validated history of analytical proficiency and a working knowledge of the Program Budget Information System (PBIS).
- Provide program management support for resource sponsor accounts
- Prepare acquisition documents, program briefs, and whitepapers
- Maintain program records, databases, and other documents related to Capability Based Assessments, Initial Capability Documents, Analysis of Alternatives, and Capability Development Document
- Provide support in milestone planning, tracking, scheduling, briefing preparation, staff coordination
- Support development of pre-acquisition and acquisition strategy planning and implementation
- Facilitate and participate in IPTs, special advisory boards, working groups, and audit teams
- Provide support for all planning, programming, policy and execution of all program issues
- Provided recommendations related to program costs, schedule, and performance
- Conduct PBIS and Navy Visibility & Management of Operation & Support Cost (VAMOSC) data pulls and queries
- Analyze, plan, schedule, and coordinate program acquisition phases for T&E enterprise
- Provide strategic development and analysis of T&E objectives and requirements, acquisition strategy development, and policies in conjunction with OPNAV vision and fleet missions
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ten (10) years of general experience highlighting project management, analyzing data and formulating conclusions from data analysis, complex problem solving, and organizational planning, management, and development.
- Experience with the Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBE) process, and/or, actual working experience with Program Objective Memorandum (POM) development
- Experience writing and developing of POM issues and POM briefs
- Knowledge and understanding of the JCIDS process and requirements development
- Experience with Program Budget Information System (PBIS)
- Familiarity with OPNAV organizational structure, mission and roles
- Experience in the development of high level briefs, instructions and policy memos
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, business, law, engineering, physical science or management discipline such as business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a management information technology.
EEO Statement: Valiant Harbor International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Valiant Harbor International prohibits discrimination with respect to the hiring or promotion of individuals, conditions of employment, disciplinary and discharge practices, or any other aspect of employment on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected class.